Up to 5 awards offered by the Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies to allow graduates to pursue the study of benefit to the Muslim world in the UK.
The Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies is a Recognized Independent Centre of the University of Oxford. The Centre provides a meeting point for the Western and Islamic worlds of learning.
The scholarship will cover 100% of course fees and a grant for living costs of at least £15,009. Check out valuable information about this bursary which is mentioned below.
- You must be applying to start a new full-time master or DPhil course at Oxford.
- You must be either:
- ordinarily resident in the United Kingdom and from a Muslim community (with preference given to those from a financially disadvantaged household), or a national of, and ordinarily resident in, one of the following countries in Asia and Africa
- You should be intending to return to your country of ordinary residence once your course is completed.
- Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit.
- You should be intending to undertake study in a field derived from or of relevance to the Islamic tradition, which is of relevance and/or benefits to the Muslim world.
How to Apply
In order to be considered for this scholarship, you must complete the following steps:
- Tick the box for the Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies Scholarship in the University of Oxford Scholarships section of the University’s graduate application form;
- Submit your application for graduate study by the relevant January deadline. See the relevant course page for the deadline applicable to your course; and
- Complete an Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies Scholarships Supporting Statement (see related documents on this page) and upload it, together with your graduate application form, by the deadline.
- For a definition of ordinary residency, and further details on how to complete this section of the graduate application form, please see the ‘Nationality and ordinary residence’ section of the graduate application form and the advice contained with the Application Guide.
Application Deadline: 10th or 24th January 2020, depending on your course.