All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply for the Lt Col Jack Wishart Scholarship. This funding programme is organized by the University of Edinburgh.
The educational award is activated for those outstanding international students who want to obtain a master’s degree at the university in session 2019-2020.
The scholarship will contribute £500 annually for the duration of the programme and will be deducted from tuition fees. Interested candidates can view more information about this scholarship given below.
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
· Eligible applicants must have been accepted to study on either the ChM in Trauma and Orthopaedics (Online Learning) Programme, or the MSc in Surgical Science (Online Learning) Programme commencing in 2019-2020.
· The Lt Col Jack Wishart Scholarship particularly welcome applications from students on the ChM in Trauma and Orthopaedics (Online Learning) Programme.
· Prospective entrants for the ChM in Trauma and Orthopaedics would be an Advanced Trainee in Orthopaedics (ST [specialist training years] 5-6 in UK or equivalent outside UK) and will have completed a minimum of 4 years’ speciality training in Trauma & Orthopaedics before the proposed date of admission to the programme and will be pre-FRCS status.
· Prospective entrants for the MSc in Surgical Sciences should have completed their MBChB degree before the proposed date of admission for the programme and will be pre-MRCS status.
· Applicants should already have been offered a place at the University of Edinburgh and should have firmly accepted that offer or be intending to do so. Applicants who have already commenced their programme of study on the closing date are not eligible for this scholarship.
must be both nationals and resident of the following countries:
Belarus, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Moldova, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, and Ukraine.
How to Apply
Applicants need to take part in the ChM Trauma & Orthopaedics program at the university. Once they completed their application, they will be automatically selected for the award on the basis of academic excellence.
The deadline for this award is July 26, 2019. So please apply as early as possible.