Newcastle University is attracting academically strong and high achieving sports players to get enrolled at the university and enjoy the benefits of the Sports Scholarships in the academic session 2019/20.
The endowment is available for the current students as well as for the new entrants of UK and overseas, who are willing to enroll themselves in an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at the university. The grant is offering a wonderful stipend up to £10,000 to the successful candidates.
The bursary is designed to provide the players with financial and educational support. More information about the award is given below, please go through the details in order to apply for the grant.
Aspirants have to follow the following given criteria if they want to become eligible for the award:
- They can be enrolling or wishing to enroll at the university.
- They must be a player of American Football, Badminton, Basketball, Canoe, Fencing, Football, Golf, Hockey, Lacrosse, Netball, Rowing, Rugby League, Rugby Union, Ski, Squash, Table Tennis, Tennis, Volleyball, and Water polo.
- New entrants must be holding a conditional or unconditional offer to study at the university.
- They must have an undergraduate degree, to apply for a postgraduate degree.
- They must have a high school certificate, to apply for an undergraduate degree.
- Students should be part of a National Governing Body Performance Squad or equivalent.
- They must be assessed as the UK or international applicants.
How to Apply
The closing date of the applications for the grant is October 2, 2019.