Most of the high performing students have a strong desire to undertake a PhD programme in the UK. Here is a perfect opportunity for those candidates who want to enjoy the benefits of President’s PhD Scholarships funded by the Imperial College London.
The educational award is open to attract the brightest students from all over the world. The main purpose of this programme is to provide more than 50 research students with the opportunity to work within their chosen research field with the support of an outstanding supervisor.
The successful applicants will get the financial support for up to 3.5 years: full funding for tuition fees, a stipend of £21,400 per annum to assist with living cost and also receive a consumables fund of £2,000 per annum for the first 3 years of study.
- Applications are accepted from talented candidates from Imperial College London, the UK and worldwide. There are no restrictions on nationality.
- Candidates must be among the highest achievers in their undergraduate cohort, and in receipt of, or due to receive a first-class UK degree or equivalent.
- Candidates with a standalone Master’s qualification must have achieved a distinction or, where this has yet to have been achieved, be able to provide evidence of high performance that will lead to a distinction. They must also hold a first-class UK undergraduate degree or equivalent (integrated Masters that form part of an undergraduate degree, e.g. MEng, MSci, M.Math, are assessed by Admissions as an undergraduate qualification when determining eligibility). Candidates with multiple standalone Master’s qualifications must have achieved a distinction in the one most relevant to their PhD study.
- Candidates with degrees from overseas institutions are strongly urged to determine if their scores/grades are equivalent to the relevant eligibility criteria.
- Prior to applying candidates must have made contact with a supervisor in an academic department at Imperial College London who has agreed to supervise their research project. Please note that supervisors are limited to supervise one scholar at any time. Please review the President’s PhD Scholarships – Unavailable Supervisors page for more information. Please note: current registered Imperial PhD students are not eligible to be considered for a President’s PhD Scholarship. The scheme is only open to new PhD applications.
How to Apply
There is no specific scholarship application form. You should submit your application for admission to study at Imperial through our online admissions system and your department will put you forward for the scholarship based on academic merit and potential.
The deadline of the applications for the bursary is November 8, 2019.