A golden funding opportunity is available for the brightest students in the UK. Newcastle University is delighted to announce the Postgraduate Scholarships for the academic year 2019-2020.
There are 39 awards presenting by the university that support to UK students who want to pursue a research master’s course. This university provides an excellent study environment and helps you develop your professional network.
The scholarship will provide an amount worth up to £5,000 for successful students. If you are interested to apply for this grant, then you can view more information about this award given below.
Postgraduate Opportunity Scholarships are available only to students applying to Newcastle University who meet the following criteria:
· have been offered a place to study full time for one year or a maximum of two years part-time on one of the University’s eligible taught or research Master’s courses commencing in September 2019.
· are UK students progressing from undergraduate courses for which they were charged the higher tuition fee applying since 2012/13 and falling into the following categories:
· a student living in England when they entered the undergraduate study at any UK institution
· a student living in Scotland when they entered the undergraduate study at any English, Northern Irish or Welsh institution
· a student living in Northern Ireland when they entered the undergraduate study at any English, Scottish or Welsh institution
· UK domiciled students (Newcastle and non-Newcastle graduates) who have paid fees at the ‘home’ rate since commencing undergraduate study from 2012 onwards
· meet one or more of the following criteria
· a woman studying an eligible engineering or computing science course
· have been in Local Authority care, or supported by the Foyer Federation, for at least three months in the last 10 years before September 2019
· have been in receipt of Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSA) while an undergraduate
· have been in receipt of the maximum Maintenance Loan from the Student Loans Company in their final academic year
· were from a neighbourhood which has a low progression rate to higher education (as determined by individual postcode on entry to undergraduate study)
· were from a neighbourhood which has a high level of financial, economic or social deprivation (as determined by individual postcode on entry to undergraduate study)
How to Apply
The closing date for applications is June 28, 2019. So, apply right now. Good Luck!!