Applications are currently open for the PhD Research Bursary. This program is offered by the Coventry University for the session 2019/20.
The purpose of this research programme is to encourage the candidates from all over the world who want to commence their study as PhD level at the university in September 2019.
The education award covers all expenses such as stipend, fees, consumables, travel, and access to HPC. The successful applicant will receive comprehensive research training including technical, personal and professional skills.
Candidates who want to apply for this bursary must have to meet the following given criteria:
- A minimum of a 2:1 first degree in a relevant discipline/subject area with a minimum 60% mark in the project element or equivalent with a minimum 60% overall module average
- Plus the potential to engage in innovative research and to complete the PhD within a 3.5 years
- A minimum of English language proficiency (IELTS overall minimum score of 7.0 with a minimum of 6.5 in each component)
- Physics degree or related discipline
- Very good knowledge of Solid State Physics /Materials physics, Statistical physics, quantum mechanics
- Very good knowledge of Linux, Bash, Python, C, FORTRAN
- Computational modelling experience is an advantage
- Experience of (or a willingness to learn) experimental and theoretical methods, High-Performance Computing, Machine learning.
How to Apply
In order to apply, applicants need to take part in PhD degree at the university. After that, they can fill the application form through the online portal. All applications require full supporting documentation, a covering letter, plus a 2000-word supporting statement showing how the applicant’s expertise and interests are relevant to the project.
The closing date of the scholarship application is June 28, 2019.