Complete your research on Sociology – Responsible Innovation in Synthetic Biology: concepts, concerns and commercialism with the wonderful PhD Bursary within the Newcastle University hosted by the Policy Ethics and Life Sciences Research Centre.
The educational award is available for the non-EU and international aspirants who are going to make an application for a master’s degree at the university. The award is offering a stipend having a maximum worth of £15,009 for the scholars.
The university aims to create technologies to contribute towards the economy and also address major societal concerns such as climate change and food security and revolutionize healthcare.
Aspirants who wish to be considered for the award have to fulfill the following conditions:
- They must be assessed as non-EU/international students.
- They must have an undergraduate degree with good academic merit.
- They must hold a conditional or unconditional offer to study at the university.
- Candidates with backgrounds and interests in bioethics, the sociology of science and technology, or the governance or the political economy of the sciences can apply for the grant.
- If the first language of students is not English then they need an overall IELTS score of 7.0 (with at least 6.5 in all sub-skills).
How to Apply
Applicants have to enroll themselves in a master’s degree at the university. Only after that, they can apply for the grant through an online portal.
The deadline of the applications for the endowment is August 15, 2019.