Do you want to pursue a master’s degree and also need financial aid? If so, here is a great opportunity for you. The Brunel University London declares the PGCE Access Scholarship for UK students.
There are up to 20 bursaries available and the value of the grant is £2,500 for the session 2019/20. The scholarship is designed for those students who want to pursue a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) in Primary Education or Secondary Education (physical education) at the university.
The university aims to bring benefits to society through excellence in education, research, and knowledge transfer. For more details please read the given information.
To be considered for this scholarship, aspirants must have:
- Must hold an offer of a place on a full-time PGCE Primary or PGCE Secondary Education (Physical Education) course. This includes offers made through Clearing and Adjustment.
- Offer must be ‘Unconditional Firm’ (UF) by the date the Scholarship Allocation Panel makes their awards (i.e. the applicant must have met all offer conditions and firmly accepted the place).
- Must commence the course in the upcoming academic year (applicants for deferred entry will be considered for a bursary in the year they start their course and not in the year of their course application).
- Must be ordinarily resident in the UK (includes those living in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, Scotland).
- Must meet at least one of the following under-represented criteria (as defined in the ‘Eligibility Definitions’ below):
- Resident in a ‘Low Participation Neighborhood’ as defined in the ‘Eligibility Definitions’ below.
- Aged 25 or over by 30th September.
How to Apply
In order to apply for this scholarship, candidates need to enroll for Primary or PGCE Secondary Education (Physical Education) course at the university. There is no separate application for this bursary. Applicants will directly be considered for this award through the course application.
The deadline for the application is August 23, 2019.