Do you want to progress your higher education in the UK? If so, you have a lucky chance to apply for the Sanctuary Scholarships provides you with an excellent opportunity at Newcastle University.
The educational fund is designed to enable students from asylum-seeker and refugee backgrounds who want to commence the study in September 2020 for a student’s degree programme.
These scholarships cover full tuition fees plus living expenses for the successful students. Please check the further given information in order to apply for the grant.
The following categories of applicants can apply under this scheme:
- asylum seekers and refugees
- children of asylum seekers and unaccompanied asylum-seeking children (e.g. children migrants under 18)*
- Applicants must be living in the North East of England (Tyne and Wear, County Durham, Northumberland, Cleveland and North Cumbria) at the time that they apply for consideration under the scheme.*
- Applicants must have applied for a place on a Newcastle University degree programme. Priority will be given to applicants applying for their first degree.
- Their predicted grades must meet the entry requirements for the degree concerned.
- Applicants must meet the English language criteria for their course or have relevant qualifications to indicate their English language competency
- Personal circumstances will be taken into account if there is a good reason for criterion 4 or 5 not being met.
- Applicants must be unable to access mainstream funding, for example from Student Finance England or a local authority grant.
How to Apply
In order to be receiving this fund, candidates are needed to take admission in an undergraduate degree at the university. After being enrolled, please read the Newcastle University Sanctuary Scholarship application guidance carefully, before completing the application form. They can apply for this grant through the online application form.
The closing date for applications is March 12, 2020.