The University of Manchester is now accepting applications from academically excellent professionals for the academic year 2019/20.
The bursary is open for Ethiopian students who want to study a masters degree course at the university. The awards are available for specific courses in engineering, environment, health sciences, development, education, textiles and law.
Up to 29 awards for selected courses available to students from Uganda, Rwanda, Tanzania and Ethiopia. The scholarships cover full tuition fees for students who will be studying in Manchester. The award includes international airfares, living expenses and visas.
To apply for a scholarship, you must:
- have two years of work experience not including volunteering and unpaid internships;
- hold a bachelor’s degree with an overall grade of excellent, or preferably a master’s degree. The awards are for academically outstanding students and typically this means that you are in the top 10% of your class;
- be a resident citizen of Ethiopia and have not previously studied outside Africa (training of six months or less does not count);
- be committed to returning home and able to demonstrate the potential to make a positive impact on the future of Ethiopia;
- have a clear idea of how studying in Manchester will benefit both your career and the wider community.
How to Apply
Applicants wishing to apply for the grant, it is not necessary to have an academic offer of admission. If you are selected for the scholarship you will be automatically admitted for the course of your choice. You should complete an application form through an online portal.
All documents must be uploaded and submitted with your application documents sent by email will not be considered.
Once you submit your application you will be prompted to print out your application, we suggest that you do this because you will not receive a separate confirmation by email.
Privacy Notice for prospective students, applicants and offer-holders
The deadline for applications is August 31, 2019.