This programme is designed for UK or EU students who want to pursue a PhD degree at the university. The bursary will provide a monthly stipend of £14,628 (2019/20) per year for scholars. In addition to support a research cost of £3,000 for travel, conference attendance, minor equipment, consumables and training.
Hurry Up!! Don’t waste your valuable time, therefore apply as early as possible because the deadline is approaching nearly. Scroll down for more information about scholarship eligibility and how you can apply.
The scholarship offers all eligible participants (student):
- KESS PhD Scholarship holders do not pay fees
- A monthly stipend in line with UKRI rates: 3 years of funding at £14,628 (2019/20) per year for PhD, subject to yearly increments
- An additional budget to support your research of £3,000 for travel, conference attendance, minor equipment, consumables and training
- An opportunity to access a suite of higher-level skills training & attendance at a residential KESS Grad School
- A minimum of 30 days a year working with the company partner on their allocated project
- Students must complete & submit their thesis within 3.5 years for PhD
All participants must complete the KESS Postgraduate Skills Development Award
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants should have UK or EU Citizenship, and be resident in the competitive area of Wales on appointment (or be studying in or working in the competitive area immediately prior to starting the project) and should have the right to work in the region on qualification. Residence confirmed by providing documents such as driver’s licence, tenancy agreement or recent statement from bank or building society.
How to Apply
In order to obtain an application form (Participant Application Form) and for further information regarding KESS2 at Cardiff Metropolitan, Please click here
To apply, please submit a completed
application form to Dr Carolyn Hayles
The applications deadline is September 3, 2019