The main purpose of the ISSF Springboard Fellowship programmes is to help with the career progression and retention of outstanding early-career researchers.
The scholarship covers salary costs PLUS up to £15,000 for consumables. Departments are also expected to make a 50% contribution towards the award of the ISSF Springboard fellowship. All applications must be discussed with the relevant Departmental Manager prior to submission.
These fellowships are available for international students.
- These fellowships are open to researchers across all Faculties. The proposed research must be within the science remit of the Wellcome Trust. Researchers from disciplines outside of biomedicine can apply for funding, provided the project is within this remit.
- Multidisciplinary applications are strongly encouraged.
- For further information and eligibility, please read the ISSF Springboard Fellowships Guidelines 2019-20 (October 2019) (Imperial login required).
How to Apply
Applications must comprise of the following:
- A completed ISSF Springboard Fellowships Application Form (October 2019 call).
- Letter of support from the host/supervisor
- The InfoEd proposal should not be submitted for approval but must have been agreed in outline by the appropriate department(s)
An e-mail signifying approval will suffice and must be attached to the InfoEd proposal
- ‘Recovery’ on InfoEd must have the 50% charge and ‘Institution Contribution’ the other 50%. All costs can be inflated.
- Departments should cc ISSF@imperial.ac.uk when contacting CBS re the CBS costing tool. The CBS approval email must also be sent directly to this ISSF email account.
- Convert items 1-3 to PDF and combine into a single document in that order.
> Name the file appropriately: Your_Name_ISSFSpringboardFellowship_Application_October_2019
- Submit this by email to ISSF@imperial.ac.uk
The applications deadline is October 15, 2019.