The Materials and Manufacturing Academy is inviting female candidates for Fully Funded M2a EngD Scholarship based at Swansea University.
This programme is designed to support and prepare participants for a senior role in industry or academia on completion of their studies. The award is open to UK or EU citizens who wish to study a postgraduate research degree at the university.
This golden fully-funded opportunity will provide a bursary with the full cost of the UK / EU tuition fees, plus a tax-free stipend of £20,000 p.a. for a period of four years.
To be eligible for this scholarship, candidates must have an Engineering or Physical Science degree (minimum level 2:1), or a combination of degree and equivalent relevant experience to the same level, to join the M2A community of research engineers.
To be eligible for WEFO funding, applicants should:
- Be a UK or EU citizen (eligible for home tuition fees at Swansea University) and have the right to work in Wales at the end of their studies.
- Be resident within West Wales and the Valleys at the time of enrolment and for the duration of the candidature.
- Must not be financially able to participate in the study for a postgraduate research degree without the award of this funding
- To be eligible for EPSRC funding, applicants should:
- Be eligible for home tuition fees at Swansea University.
- Have settled status in the UK, meaning no restrictions on the length of stay in the UK; and be ‘ordinarily resident’ in the UK for 3 years prior to the start of the grant, apart from temporary or occasional absences.
- Not have been residing in the UK wholly or mainly for the purpose of full-time education. This does not apply to UK nationals and EU nationals who were ordinarily resident in the EU immediately before the period of full-time education.
- If English is not your first language you will need an acceptable pass in an approved English Language qualification to make sure you get the full benefit from studying at Swansea. We consider a wide range of qualifications, including the Swansea University English Test, the British Council IELTS test (with a score of at least 6.5 and 5.5 in each component). A full list of acceptable English Language tests can be found here.
How to Apply
To apply for this scholarship, candidates need to take admission in a postgraduate degree at the university. After admission, they can complete the application form through the online portal.
The deadline for application is July 7, 2019.