Cardiff Metropolitan University is delighted to announce the Elite Sport Scholar Award for talented athletes. The award is based upon a combination of academic merit and sporting achievements.
The successful students will receive a package of scholarship benefits worth approximately £5,000 that includes: £1,000 discount from their programme tuition fees, Access to excellent facilities, Strength and conditioning support from UKSCA accredited staff, Sports science support, including nutrition, psychology, physiology, biomechanics, Sports medicine, including physiotherapy massage, Active yoga and recovery sessions, and Performance workshops.
To be eligible for a scholarship, athletes must:
- be studying, or about to commence studying at Cardiff Metropolitan University (any course)
- be competing in a recognized British Universities & Colleges Sport (BUCS) sport and contribute to the University’s BUCs objectives
- be competing at an international level, or must be performing towards the highest level in their sport (e.g. national/international/professional)
- be recommended by their NGB coach and/or the University’s coach in their sport
- International students are able to apply.
How to Apply
Athletes applying for a scholarship must complete the Elite Sport Scholar Award application form by the online portal. Then they can submit it to the Deputy Director of Sport with evidence of performance standards and coach contact details to allow for a recommendation to be requested.
The deadline for application is October 1, 2019.