The programme is open for high achieving graduate students from all around the world in order to commence a PhD degree on October 1, 2019.
The studentships will be awarded on the basis of outstanding academic achievement and the potential to produce cutting edge research. The scholarship will provide an annual bursary (£16,777 in 2019/20) plus research costs up to £1000 over the three years and many more.
- Applicants must hold at least a 2.1 honours degree or merit level masters degree in a relevant subject (or international equivalent)
- Applicants whose first language is not English must have achieved at least 7.0 in IELTS or a recognized equivalent
- Applicants must not be currently registered as a doctoral student at City, University of London or any other academic institution.
- Applications are welcome from individuals wishing to pursue research on one of the topics created by supervisors.
- UK/EU and international students are eligible to apply.
How to Apply
To apply for studentship funding:
- Complete an application form for a place on the PhD programme – you will be asked to register before you can complete your application
- Upload a short cover letter with your application.
- Why do you think you are the best candidate for this studentship?
- Outline previous relevant experience
- Maximum 2 pages (650 words, font 12).
The applications of the award will not be accepted after August 28, 2019.