If you are a care leaver student and want to complete an undergraduate degree in the UK, here is good news for you. The University of Bolton is offering the Care-Leavers Bursary for capable candidates.
This scholarship is open to UK students who commence their course of study at the University of Bolton for the academic year 2019/20.
The university will provide £1,000 cash per academic year subject to continual fulfilment of the eligibility criteria. Please read carefully about the eligibility criteria for this award before applying for the funding opportunity.
In order to qualify for the bursary students must have demonstrated that they are:
- A home (UK) student paying tuition fees to the University of Bolton in 2019/20 and subsequent academic years via tuition fee loan or self-funded. Students whose tuition fees are paid by a sponsor, for example, an employer or students who are externally registered whose tuition fees are paid to the institution they are attending will not be eligible to receive the award.
- Studying a full-time undergraduate course which is delivered on campus at the University of Bolton.
- Commencing on their course from September 2019 or January 2020.
- A Care leaver who has lived in a Care setting for a period of a minimum of twelve months within the last five years.
- Application forms to apply for the bursary are available from the Student Centre Chancellor’s Mall or here
How to Apply
Before applying for the grant, candidates must have to take admission in an undergraduate degree at the university. There is no separate application form required.
The applications deadline will be vary according to the courses.