Newcastle University is offering an exciting opportunity to apply for the BBSRC Case Award PhD in Epidemiology/Health Research within the period of 2020.
The programme is open to supporting the UK/EU students who want to pursue a four-year PhD degree course in February 2020. During this project, candidates will be able to develop research skills in epidemiology, biostatistics or applied quantitative health research.
The university covers full tuition fee plus a monthly stipend for four years (£15,009 in year Additional funding for research costs, conferences and exchange with an industry partner, GlaxoSmithKline (GSK).
To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
You must have a first or upper-second-class Honours degree in a relevant subject, and a further qualification (MRes or MSc) in epidemiology, medical statistics, public health, or a related subject, at Merit/Distinction level.
Experience in applying quantitative and epidemiological skills, and use of statistical software) would be desirable. Enthusiasm and motivation to learn more about epidemiological research are required.
Available only to UK/EU are eligible to apply. The candidate is settled in the UK i.e. is ordinarily resident in the UK without being subject under the immigration laws to any restriction on the period for which they may stay in the UK;
- The candidate has been ordinarily resident in the UK and Islands for three years immediately prior to the date of start of their course;
- No part of the period of residence in (ii) was wholly or mainly for the purpose of receiving full-time education.
- If English is not your first language, an overall IELTS score of 6.5 with no component lower than 5.5, or equivalent, will be required.
How to Apply
You must apply through the University’s online postgraduate application system. To do this a please create a new account.
Only mandatory fields need to be completed. However, you will need to include the following information:
- insert the programme code 8300F in the programme of study section
- select ‘PhD in the Faculty of Medical Sciences (full time) – Health Sciences‘
- insert the studentship code HS040 in the studentship/partnership reference field
- attach a covering letter and CV no more than two pages for each. The covering letter must state the title of the studentship, quote the studentship reference code HS040 and state how your interests and experience relate to the project
- attach degree transcripts and certificates and, if English is not your first language, a copy of your English language qualifications.
Application Deadline: October 20, 2019